Appetizers, Canapes & Cocktail Food
Bruchetta with Vinagrete
1 French baguette 2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
dry oregano, salt and black pepper
2 roma (plum) tomatoes, thinly sliced fresh basil 8 oz of sliced fresh mozzarella cheese 1 (6 oz) package sliced provolone cheese
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
2. On a small bowl, mix the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, dry oregano, salt and pepper to taste.
3.Slice the baguette into 1/2 inch thick diagonal slices. Arrange the slices in a single layer on a baking sheet. Brush the top sides of each slice with the olive oil mix.
4. Cover with slices of the mozzarella and provolone. If desired, sprinkle some black pepper on top of the cheese.
5. Add a couple slices of tomato and place a small amount of Vinagrete over the top, making sure you are not getting too much juice or it will make the bread soggy.
6.Bake in the preheated oven for 7 to 10 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbly.
7. Use fresh basil to decorate - serve it hot.
Pitta Bread with Vinagrete
8 large pita rounds, cut into strips or small wedges
2 tablespoons za'atar dry spice
1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil Kosher Salt
2. Put the pita wedges in a large mixing bowl.
3. Combine za'atar spice mix and extra-virgin olive oil in a small bowl and drizzle over wedges.
4. Season with salt and toss to coat evenly. Arrange pita wedges on a baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until warmed through.